Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Hooray for Halloween!

                                                          

Hello everyone, and Happy Halloween to one and all!  This year I made more Halloween cards than at any other time in the past....I sent them all out except for two that will be on next year's list.  I made a variety of different styles this year, just went with whatever mood I was in.

The card above is the first one I made, this one for my sister.  The witch is a design by Rick St Dennis, new for this year, and as soon as I saw her I knew she would be featured in a Halloween card. I used the new Odd Curiosities collection from Graphic 45.  I added the glasses as a final touch, and this is from a die set by Impression Obsession.  The card below is a variation, and this one I gave to my mother.
                                            

Mama Mumba Voodoo Woman is another Rick St Dennis design, and I used her in a fold out card made to look like a botanica, a type of herbal shop found in Puerto Rico and other Caribbean islands. I look at Mama Mumba as a curandera, Spanish for healer.
                                       
 
 

The following cards were all made using the Steampunk Spells papers from Graphic 45.  This collection is a couple of years old, but still very popular for making Halloween cards.
                                         
 
 
 

For these two cards I used the Tim Holtz Halloween Shadows die showing several children in costumes.
                                                   
 
 
The last card is perhaps the most special and came about from an idea that had been in my mind for a long time... I am a big fan of Lavinia Stamps and love Tracey Dutton's silhouette stamp designs of all things faerie and magical.  For this one, I used mostly Lavinia stamps, although the witch is from  Cherry Pie Stamps.  The cat stencil is from Sweet Poppy, but designed by Tracey Dutton.  I wanted to show a cat on Halloween night calmly watching another cat on a broomstick, behind a witch.  I am delighted to say that Tracey liked this card very much and posted it on her Facebook  page.  I gave this to my sister, as the cat on the fence represents her cat Pascualina.
                                         

I wish everyone a Happy Halloween and beware of things that go bump n the night!
                                             

6 comments:

  1. WELL! Girl, you certainly have been at work. They are all wonderful, you always have such a great touch for these. And I'm so glad you have more time to do the things you love . Big hugs,
    Barbra Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara Joan! Thank you for your kind words...you always make my day!

      Delete
  2. Your blog is amazing! I love the new look and you have been very busy too! Love your cards and the layouts too. Fabulous work! Lavinia Stamps are some of my favs too, but I don't have too many of them. You need a "subscription by email" gadget for your sidebar. I want to keep up with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Aletha, thank you for checking out my blog and I'm glad you like the cards I made for Halloween! Regarding Lavinia Stamps: Frantic Stamper carries a number of their stamps, although not all. They are based here in the US, so at least the postage will not cost you an arm and a leg LOL!

      Delete
  3. Love all your Oddities cards. I missed out on that collection with our move and trying to get settled. I've got to get back into my papercrafting! You are quite the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, Diana! Thank you...you should be able sometime in the future to get this collection, just a matter of looking.

      Delete